Unexpected Star of the Week 08/06/21
Yowani Country Club
Each week we catch up with one of our players to ask about their Target Scores win…
1. Why do you think Target Scores are a great addition to golf club competitions?
Andrew: It creates for me a personal challenge to try to achieve, with a happy reward at the end if I succeed.
2. How many months or years since you last won a comp?
Andrew: Easily 6 or 7 months. My TS was 35 that day. As my handicap drops it becomes harder and harder to reach the 39 40 41 scores needed to win the comp. My handicap has slowly dropped with scores of 34 to 37 which keeps me out of the club comp prizes.
3. What score won this comp?
Andrew: 39 won the club comp. I scored 36 to beat the 35 needed.
4. Tell us a little about a great hole where you fought to get a point or 2 or 3 or 4.
Andrew: Well as it happens… I was 31 points walking on to the 17th par 4 tee box. I needed a bogey here and par on 18 to get to 35. My drive off then 17th was a cracker… 260m straight down the middle..pw across the water safely into the middle of the green… 12metre putt. I SUNK IT FOR BIRDIE !!!! 4 points and 35 stablefords achieved. Sooo happy… bogied the 18th for 1 more point 36. Happy days!
5. If you had a time machine, what hole would you play differently and how would you play it?
Andrew: As usual, the 4th hole 483m par 5. Great drive, hooked the 3 wood into trees. Chipped out, then approach shot made the greenside bunker. Good out and 2 putted for 7 and no points.Probably wood have liked a straight 3 wood there 🙂
6. What’s the craziest shot you have every played or seen someone play in competition?
Andrew: After driving into the water off the tee on 11. Took penalty and had 203m over water and greenside bunker to make the green. 3 hybrid in hand… boooooom!!! Landed soft on the green and putted in for par (having had a wet ball)3 hybrid was my favourite club that day!!!
7. Why should golfers come play your course?
|Andrew: Well established challenging course.|
Well laid out and great condition even coming into winter. (Stays well playable through winter)